Mercyland Hostel for male is located in the school compound while the female is at the Mercyland Hall of Residence. All the facilities are linked. The hostel provides a serene, conducive environment for students to work together, grow to full maturity and develop holistic personality through the help of house masters and matrons.
Our hostel facilities admit students and pupils from age 3 – 18 years boys and girls.
TYPES OF ACCOMMODATION
The school operates different categories of hostel accommodation. Namely:
- 1. Regular Hostel Accommodation: This is available for students and pupils who want to be resident in the school for the 13-week term period.
2. Weekend Hostel Accommodation: This is meant to meet the needs of parents who at one point or the other may have weekend engagements and wish to keep their children in safe hands. It covers three nights – Friday to Monday.
3. Fostering All Year Round: With this arrangement, parents who need to migrate for a period can do so with ease. Their children are kept in our safe environment and adequate care. In case of the holiday periods, the school arranges programs like excursions, visits to places of interest and other entertainment trips for this category of students. Thus, our all-year round activities for them ensure that they are comfortable at Mercyland Schools. And this gives respite to their parents.
The accommodation facilities are fascinating: the rooms are all en-suite with conveniences. Each room accommodates 4 students; each student is allocated a single bed and personal wardrobe. And each room is well ventilated, the doors and windows are well netted.
Other facilities therein include:
· 24-hour security
· Standard Launderette
· Study Rooms: There are study rooms where children observe their prep and access the Internet. This encourages students to study in a conducive reading room.
· Internet Access which makes our students to stay connected to the world 24/7. This also enable them to carry out researches, do their projects and assignments
· The hostel also has Common Rooms where pupils/students relax, watch television and entertain themselves
The value of water in everyday life cannot be quantified. At Mercyland International Schools, we ensure adequate regular supply of water to the school. Our sources of water include: government public supply, standard Boreholes and standby Stainless Water Tanker. The school also has Water Treatment Plant for the purification and packaging of water for the use of our school community.
To constantly power our various equipments and supply light for the needs of our population, the school has procured Mikano electric generators as we do not rely only on the public electricity supply.
Security is a topmost priority for us at Mercyland. The hostels are securely protected by a team of experienced Security Guards positioned at strategic points of the school. And they are complimented by armed officers of the Nigeria Police Force on 24 hours basis, seven days a week. Aside, the Zone 2 headquarters of Nigeria Police Force which also serves as the base of Mobile Police (Mopol 16), and the Deputy Governor's Lodge are within 100m from our vicinity. The school is located within the G.R.A. community where top government officials reside along with various security agencies such as State Security Service, NDLEA and the FRSC. All these enhance effective and adequate security in the school environment.